Concerns about a member of staff or volunteer who works with children/young people
It is essential that any concern or allegation of abuse made about a professional or volunteer working with children is reported at the earliest opportunity for joint decision making by partner agencies in accordance with the London Child Protection Procedures.
This will ensure that any allegations are dealt with fairly, quickly, and consistently in a way that provides effective protection for the child and, at the same time, supports the person who is the subject of the allegation.
A Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) is responsible for the management and oversight of cases when there is an allegation or concern made against a person who works with children in connection with their employment or coluntary activities.
Contact the LADO immediately for advice and guidance when dealing with an allegation.
LADO: Janice Miller
Tel: 020 8736 6435 Monday – Friday
For any other days please contact the Golden Number: 020 8901 2690
(out of hours: 020 8424 0999)
The Allegations Against Staff Leaflet has information for families when an allegations is made against a member of staff or volunteer.
- Roles and responsibilities
- Intial actions
- General considerations
- Disciplinary suitability
- Safe practice
- Guide for staff facing allegations
- Leaflet guide for staff facing allegations
- Safer recruitment practice
- Leaflet safer recruitment practice
- Recruitment and vetting checks
- Vetting checks supply staff in education
- Leaflet guide for head principals and supply agencies on vetting and recruitment
- List of possible outcomes following an investigation into allegations