Learning & Development
Learning and Development Strategy
The overriding aim of Local Safeguarding Children Boards is to ensure that all children and young people are kept safe in our community and their welfare promoted.
Ensuring all agencies work together to promote the safety and welfare of our children and young people and to develop the skills and knowledge of those working with children and families, are vital components in achieving this aim.
The purpose of training, learning and development for inter-agency work at both strategic and operational levels is to achieve better outcomes for children and young people by fostering:
- A shared understanding of the tasks, processes, principles, roles and responsibilities local arrangements for safeguarding children and promoting their welfare; in particular a shared understanding of thresholds for support and intervention from Early Help services through to child protection;
- More effective and integrated services at both the strategic and individual case level;
- Improved communication between professionals including a common understanding of key terms, definitions and thresholds for action;
- Effective working relationships, based on respect and an understanding of the role and contribution of different disciplines; including constructive challenge and escalation where appropriate;
- Sound child focused assessments and decision-making; and
- Learning from Safeguarding Practice Reviews and reviews of child deaths; audits and research